If your Groupsite's membership settings are "By approved request or invitation," non-members can request to join your Groupsite, and then a Manager can review, approve or deny the request.
To review requests:
1) Log in to your Groupsite and go to the MANAGER tab and go to the Pending Members subtab and click the "Membership Requests" button.
2) A list of outstanding membership requests will load, including a "Review" link next to each of the pending members. Click the "Review" link to pull up the corresponding Member's Bio.
3) Click Approve to allow the member access to the Groupsite.
4) Click Deny to reject the member from accessing the Groupsite.
5) If you have marked the "notify me when memberships requests are made" box, you'llreceive an email notification when someone requests to join your Groupsite. Clicking the link in that notification will take you directly to the Membership Requests page (STEP #2, above).