One of the greatest things about a Groupsite is that you can "make it your own." One way is with Custom Branding, a feature included in premium Groupsites that allows you to make a Groupsite uniquely yours.
Use Custom Branding to
- upload custom header and background graphics
- change your Groupsite's "stylesheet" (link, text, and menu colors)
- upload custom branding within emails
- add custom favorites icons, and more
By branding your Groupsite, you match the look-and-feel of your organization . Branding helps it to stand out and be noticed; helps define it as its own destination; and, nurtures your group's identity.
Custom Branding Examples
For ideas and inspiration, visit these public or semi-public custom-branded Groupsites:
How to Subscribe to Custom Branding
Custom Branding is included in premium Groupsite account subscriptions. You can subscribe to premium plans by logging in to your Groupsite and going to the MANAGER > UPGRADE GROUPSITE area. You can select the plan of your choice and follow the "continue" screen prompts to make your purchase.
Once you've subscribed to a premium plan, you can make changes to your Groupsite's appearance by navigating to MANAGER > GROUP SETTINGS > Appearance & Branding.
How to Upload a Custom Header
Once your Groupsite is subscribed to a plan that includes the Custom Branding feature, you can upload a custom header. Here's how:
- Go to the MANAGER tab.
- Select the GROUP SETTINGS sub-tab.
- Locate the "Appearance & Branding" section and click the "Update Now" button.
- Scroll down to the "Custom Header Graphic" section. Use the "Browse" or "Choose File" window to locate, and then attach, your file.
- Click SUBMIT/UPDATE.
It's that easy!
Note: Your custom header graphic should be exactly 950 pixels wide x 122 pixels high. To overlap the main menu background strip with your header graphic, increase its height to 146 pixels (instead of 122 pixels).
Viewers of this topic may also be interested in: Using Custom Favorites Icons for branding, as well as Groupsite Application Customization to custom-tailor the sub-tab functionality (core features) in Groupsites.