Discussion Topics

« Return to Feature Requests

What's Coming Next ...

Greetings All - 

I am really curious to hear a comprehensive update from the platform designers about what is in the works for this platform.

Since 2011 I've managed a site for a client and championed our continued use. Over time I have suggested many improvements and listened to promises about forthcoming upgrades which have still not materialized. 

I deeply appreciate that this platform is run by a small staff but find myself growing frustrated by the lack of evaluation on the platform's functionality. More importantly I am managing the frustrations of 200+ members who are watching other social media platform advance rapidly to increase ease of user experience and provide more tools within a platform and nothing is happening here.

Am I missing something? Are there plans in the works?

Some of my concerns/ our members concerns expressed in the last few years...

-Cumbersome file cabinet and photo sharing 

-Finicky text editor 

-Desire for like button or something similar - easy way for people to indicate  interest in content posted

-Better format for the weekly digest. Eg: Instead of showing every single action, a way to narrow actions. If I create a blog post with a photo and attachments that comes up as four different activities instead of one compelling listing "Sasha Tracy Added a Blog Post"

-More templates for eblasts... something that mirrors an e-newsletter and is more visually appealing 

-New modules and more flexibility in the homepage design

I appreciate any admin or member feedback here. I don't know how much longer I can convince my membership to stay that course with a platform that isn't evolving with the times.

Replies to this Topic

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your messages and your business.  I am part of a new management team at Groupsite and that is leading the plan for upgrades to the platform.  We are currently working on upgrades to the platform that will enhance the user experience including a new website and mobile applications.  In the first quarter of 2018, the new upgrades will begin to rollout.  

I really appreciate your comments and welcome your suggestions regarding upgrades to the platform moving forward.  Additionally, so that you know that Groupsite is serious regarding upgrading the platform, I will begin posting updates regarding the status of the upgrades next month.  

Also please feel free to reachout to me directly, james@groupsite.com 415-420-8017.  I am new to Groupsite and I have been reaching out to customers like yourself to see how we can do better.  

Again thank you for your business, insight, and patience.

Regards,

James Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Groupsite

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Groupsite.com Champions