Discussion Topics

« Return to Feature Requests

Fundraising Page on Groups

Hi,

My group "Pharmaceutical Discussion Group" is a legacy site with ~4000 members & the number one in technology sites. But I haven't upgraded the same anytime (from free) since I am an individual running the show w/o any profit motive.

I however keep getting emails from members asking for mobile feature et al & I'm unable to do much about it. 

Now, in order for me to upgrade, I'll need some funding & this I want to raise online through my group itself. Can Groupsite folks provide a feature that'll enable the managers to create a "fund-raising page" so I can solicit and channel funds directly to Groupsite?

Please do consider - It's about time discussion groups survive by way of crowd sourcing the maintenance costs. 

Cheers,

V

Edited Fri, Jul 5, 2013 3:17 AM

Replies to this Topic

Hi Viswanatha,

Thank you for your feedback! As you know, Groupsites do not today have integrated eCommerce functionality. However, we do offer several several features that allow for easy content customization, including the addition of 3rd party payment services, like PayPal, Google Checkout, etc. You can add Paypal to your Groupsite by inserting an appropriate PayPal widget into our all purpose “Freeform Text” module or the “Embed Video/Widget” module.

Look for a more detailed response to your Champion's post sent to you separately and directly from support@groupsite.com . We do plan to add integrated eCommerce functionality in the future.

Sincerely,

Celeste Sharper Wooten

Director, Client Services/Support

Groupsite.com

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Groupsite.com Champions